Saturday, August 29, 2009

Boracay: Return to Paradise

When I left Boracay last year, I made a promise that I would be back the soonest that I can. Cebu Pacific presented me a very good opportunity last February, so I booked a flight for our anniversary on June.

Since we already tried staying in station 1, we decided to try station 2. Also, I've researched that station 2 has cheaper restaurants and resorts. It's also where Talipapa is located which is their wet market where they sell live seafood and you can have them cooked by the surrounding restos.

Unfortunately, June is not a very good season to go to Bora. It's habagat season which means it's so windy and rainy. We didn't even get to land in Caticlan due to heavy rainfall and zero visibility. We braved the turbulence on air and attempted twice to land in Caticlan, until the pilot decided to land in Kalibo instead.

It was raining so hard when we got to Bora. There were several re-routes before we got to the island, and to the strip of white beaches. We got off from the pedicab in Talipapa where we treaded the waters of Bora - the "baha" (flood) water, that is. hehehehe

Nevertheless, we enjoyed our stay there. We got to try the really great food at very affordable prices. I forgot the name of the resort we stayed in during our first night, although I know it's in station 2. We stayed Orchids Resort in station 3 on the 2nd and 3rd night. We originally planned to stay in different resorts each night but decided to settle in Orchids Resort because the place is great and affordable, and the staff are also very friendly.

Setting aside some of the unfortunate events, my 3rd visit to Bora is still superb. And again, I still don't want to leave the place. hehehehe...Hopefully, I could go back with a larger group, and tag my kids along.
























































0 comments:

youtube