Thursday, June 26, 2008

PLANS

I’m a planner by heart. I always plan ahead. I plan my week, my day and even how I spend my hour. I plan out and spread out my deliverables for the week, always giving allowance for possible distractions and changes.

I’ve planned my life. I planned to have a long engagement with someone before we tie the knot. I planned at what age to graduate, when to marry and when to have children, and at what spacing. I have a list of things to do in my lifetime, and a timetable as to when one should be checked.

I know that life doesn’t always go as planned. Incidentally, most of what I am and I have now are not results of my planning.

I didn’t plan to get engaged at 22, when we were barely two weeks in the relationship. I didn’t plan to marry at 23, 6 months after the proposal. I didn’t plan to get pregnant in between, especially half-way through the wedding preparations when I needed all the time and energy I have to prepare for my wedding. I didn’t plan to get pregnant again, when my first-born was only 3 months old.

No, my life didn’t go as I planned it. Incidentally, the most rewarding areas of my life right now are the results of the things I didn’t plan – my happy marriage, my two adorable kids, my beautiful family.

No, life doesn’t always go as planned. Sometime you have to let go of your control of things, so God can allow His plan for your life to push through. Because He knows what’s best for you.

0 comments:

youtube