Thursday, October 16, 2008

Smarty Borjie

I was getting ready to sleep yesterday afternoon when Borjie came up to the computer, and started reading out letters from the keyboard. He would say "Letter A, mommy oh!" or "Letter E, mommy oh!". From where I am, it looks to me that he was pointing at the correct position of the letters in the keyboard, so I got up to see for myself. I was amazed that he actually had them right. We started reading out the letters from the keyboard, and inspired by his interest, we went to Starfall.com to study further.

From there, he was able to read out to me the letters of the alphabet and the words under it. What surprised me more is he actually knows how to click on them using the mouse. Looking carefully at the cursor on the screen, he would navigate the mouse with this hand and when he sees that the cursor is pointing directly at the letter, he would then click on it. Sometimes, he loses the pointer and then I would guide him into seeing it, and then he brushes my hand away. He even knows to click on the arrow to move on to the next page. And then he moves on the to the next letter and the words starting with it.

There was even a particular folder in the desktop where he said "letter "f" mommy, oh! and at one point, moving the mouse around, he pointed at the "x" button of the window and said "awa, x!"

I was in trance wathcing my little boy. I never knew of a 3-year old kid who can navigate the internet. His interest and attention span was more than what is common for his age. I was getting tired and sleepy already studying with him so I told him that the next letter will be the last letter. He argued and say "wala pa gani "Y", and then added "sleep nalang, Mommy, kabalo naman ko." *sigh*...either kids these days grow up so fast, or i am ljust lagging behind...

0 comments:

youtube