Saturday, October 11, 2008

What Life Has Given Me

Two days ago, I was in one of the world's most beautiful places, basking under the warmth of the sun, enjoying the cool waters and sandy beaches of Boracay, in the arms of no less than my favorite person on earth - my husband. What better way to celebrate my birthday.

I am twenty-seven this year, and although I know I don't look it, I sure feel that I am actually older (and hopefully wiser). Life has given me so many experiences that has enriched me as a person (even if not financially) and I can't thank God enough for how He has been so faithful to me over the years.

While most people my age are probably struggling through quarter-life crisis, I'd like to believe that at this stage of my life, I know exactly where I am and where I want to get to. Life has given me a better perspective of things and I have decided on the what directions I'd like to take.

I don't feel the void and the emptiness that a lot of people my age are going through. I have my hands full raising my kids, weaving a happy marriage and establishing a career. And despite the rush and overwhelming load of things to do, I feel fulfilled.

God has given me the kind of job that I imagined doing when I joined the industry that I'm in. He has given me a husband so kind, patient and so understanding, the kind of man I've been dreaming about since I was a teener. He has given me beautiful, smart and high-spirited kids, not to mention affectionate and sweet.

They say that life gives to you what you have given to it. But this was not true to me. Life has given me more that what I have given to it - in fact, even more than what I was willing to give. By earthly standards, it may be injustice, but by heaven's standard, it's called grace.

Life has given me so much to celebrate about, so much to be grateful for. God has shown to me an outpour of His love, with blessings overflowing, in leaps and bounds. And the most beautiful gift of all is the fact the life has given me this early what most people take a lifetime to find - a happy family.

0 comments:

youtube