Sunday, September 14, 2008

Hebrews 11:40

Sometimes, we get so caught with executing our own plans that we fail to consult the one supreme being who dictates everything in our lives. Because God had allowed us so much freedom to decide on our own, we make plans that are not really aligned to His plans for us, because the lure of material gain is too strong to resist.

I fell for this trap, and I was thankful that not much energy and time was spent planning and working out on what would have been a deviation to God's design for my family. Somehow, God has still guided me and sent me a gentle nudge to re-examine my priorities before things got out of hand.

Initially, I was disheartened when I found out that my husband would not qualify to work abroad due to his medical condition. But God had enlightened my mind and made me realize that He has better things in store for me and my family. It was never His design for a married couple and for the family to be apart from each other for a long time. Aldrich and I always knew this in our hearts, but an opportunity came that we thought was good, only to find out later that it was a tempation that could potentially break our family apart.

On the surface, it would seem that we lost a good opportunity. But His ways are not our ways, and for as long as we continue to trust Him and His will, and for as long as we are willing to obey His words, there is nothing that He couldn't and wouldn't do for us. We may experience setbacks, but trust that the best is yet to come.

"God had planned something together for us so that only together with us would they be made perfect." Hebrews 11:40

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi,

I'm Alisha from Wowzio, and I'm excited to tell you about our new widget platform that helps bloggers increase readership by providing engaging widgets containing your blog's rich content. You can check out widgets customized for your blog here:

Wowzio Widgets for your Blog

I wanted to reach out to you to ask for your feedback on these widgets (feel free to install them on your blog, if you feel they are a good fit). I'm sorry for leaving this message via a comment, it's not at all our intent to spam you ( which is why i'm leaving this comment on an older post and you can always remove this comment ). Again, we would love to hear your feedback.

Thanks,
Alisha Wright
alisha.wright2@gmail.com

youtube