Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Why I write about my marriage...

I don't write about my marriage to brag about it. True, I want to show people how happy I am with the path I've chosen. But more importantly, I write about my marriage to inspire others to BELIEVE.

I once was a skeptic and belonged to the other side of the fence. Having seen to many failed relationships (not from first-hand experience thouh) and broken marriages, I've come to conclude that love is merely a fabrication. I've seen enough women weep and bleed over relationships that didn't turn out too well and I vowed to myself that I won't ever be a victim.

I've closed my heart to the possibility of romance and resigned to keep it at that until someone came along and turned everything upside down (and then right sight up again). The love and dedication given to me by that person was overwhelming and too good to be true. But it was true. It was pure. It was magical.

I thank God for that person because he opened doors of possibilities for me. He made me believe in love and commitment. And most importantly, he prepared my heart to welcome the one big love that was bound to come my way - my husband. The one person who was there for me right from the start - patiently waiting, silently pursuing, and never giving up.

I write about my marriage in the hope for more people to have more faith in love. I want people to believe in relationships. I want to inspire people to believe that happy marriages can exist, that relationships can work out, if you're willing to put enough dedication to work at it, and have faith in each other. I want people to realize that love may have the power to make life miserable, but it can also make life magical beyond words.

0 comments:

youtube