Wednesday, February 20, 2008

FAMILY

I grew up in a big family, with 3 older sisters and 3 older brothers. Growing up was not easy, especially in the financial aspect. My parents have 7 children to feed, to clothe and to send to school.


Although it wasn't easy, it was fun. Being the youngest, I was smothered with love and affection by my older siblings. The house was always noisy and it was always a mess, but there's no way I'm trading all my experience for anything in the world.


What made our bond more special is the fact that never have I seen sibling rivalry among us. We all looked out for each other, and gave way for each other. Our parents taught us that even though we don't have everything we need materially, we should take pride in each other.


My siblings are now scattered around the world. I have a sister and a brother in Manila, I have a brother in Dubai, a sister who is based in China but is currently in Manila right now (although she's bound to leave for China tomorrow). I have a sister and brother here in Cebu, but we don't live together.


Growing up, these are the people who has made me strong, has made me feel loved. We get together sometimes, on very rare occasions, but not all of us.


I am closest to my sisters, because we all relate. I love sharing insights with them, be it cosmetics, clothes or crushes, and then moving on to love, marriages, parenting and so much more. It's so glad to have them around even when they are not physically around.

0 comments:

youtube