Thursday, February 7, 2008

Why I married my husband...


I married my husband because he was my long-time crush in high school
because we were best buddies during my early teenage years
because he was kind enough to befriend a new kid in school who could barely speak the language

I married my husband because he was the first person to give me flowers and chocolates
because we used to burn telephone wires for hours talking non-sense ( longest record was 5 hours)
because he inspired me to write poems

I married my husband because he’s willing to travel from mambaling to mandaue to see me
because he never fails to show up when I ask him to meet me up
because he’s there when I needed a lift coming home late from doing school stuff
because almost all of my drawn shool projects were done by him
because he taught me how to drive, even if it caused him to lie to his dad about the scratch on the car
because he picks me up at gimmicks with friends to make sure I get home safe and sound
..and he did all these even if he wasn’t my boyfriend.

I married my husband because he’s willing to stay up all night to chaperone me to a date with someone else
because he once talked sense into me when I was on the verge of falling for the wrong guy
because he comforted me with his presence when I longed for the presence of someone else
I married him because I can’t imagine marrying someone else even at a time when I was committed to another person

I married my husband because he was my first kiss
….the first person I held hands with
….the first person I hugged
…and many years later…my first time

I married my husband because I lost in the argument and he got me convinced into this marriage
because he is persistent and never gave up on me
because he is patient…and his patience complements my lack of it
because he is responsible and mature

I married my husband because I can talk to him about anything under the sun
because I can communicate with him on an intellectual level
because I inspire him to be better person


I married my husband because he is my bestfriend, and that they say there’s no better person to marry than your bestfriend.

I could give a thousand and one reasons why I married my husband, but I could sum it all up to one….I married him because I love him, and there’s no better reason to marry than that.

0 comments:

youtube