Tuesday, February 12, 2008

On Loving...

I don’t claim to be a guru in love and relationships. In my lifetime, I’ve only been through 2 serious relationships. I won’t even say that mine is a perfect marriage, just a happy one. I never even had my heart broken, but in loving and being loved, I can say a thing or two…

Love yourself. Love yourself in a way that you want to be loved. Pamper yourself, and always remember that you can never truly give love if you don’t have it for yourself.

Love deeply, without measure. In loving, there is no much or more. It can’t be qualified nor quantified. The only way to love truly is by loving deeply, completely and purely.

Respect each other.
It’s a pre-requisite to loving. You can’t love a person without respecting him/her. There has to be a certain element of admiration and awe, to continually give you a reason to love a person.

Communicate. One thing that you have to be constantly doing. Always communicate your thoughts, your feelings, and your expectations. Never assume that just because you’ve been together for a long time, everything would go without saying. Be open, honest and transparent. Leave no room for misunderstanding by communicating regularly.

The last thing I would be saying is the key to my happiness..it preludes everything else…

Marry the right person.
No sense in loving yourself, loving deeply, giving respect and communicating if you’re with the wrong person. You could be in a good relationship with the wrong person, or both of you could be really good people but are wrong for each other…it is important that you find the person who is just right for you, someone who loves you, respects you, communicates with you. Someone you can grow up and grow old with.

0 comments:

youtube