Monday, July 21, 2008

Of Alphabets and Growling Bears

My bestfriend Mars recommended a site for online tutorials for toddlers. I found it good and very helpful in teaching my 3-year old Borjie. So when he woke up this morning, I told him that we are going to study. He said that he doesn’t want to study with me as he wants to go to school. I told him he can’t go to school yet, but I will be his teacher for now. He was expecting that we will be grabbing some papers and pencil, but to his surprise, I open the computer. He insisted that he wants to get some papers and pencils, but I told him that since I’m the teacher, we’ll do it my way.

So we went to Starfall.com. I was surprised that Borjie can identify some of the letters of the alphabet, and has easily picked up the sounds of each. Zaira also took some noteworthy interest and has diligently mimicked the sounds. Everything was going well until the study showed a growling bear, and then everything went boring for Borjie. He keeps on asking me to repeat the part where the bear was growling. I tried to put his interest back on the topic at hand, but he wouldn’t hear any of it anymore and has kept on asking for the growling bear.

And so I have to end our session for now. I went to youtube.com and there his eyes feasted on the tigers, crocodiles and bears eating each other. These are the kind of stuff that my kid enjoys….*sigh*. And then it took me a lot of bribing before I was able to steal the computer away from him again.

0 comments:

youtube