Wednesday, July 23, 2008

The Road That Was Chosen

Some people wonder what could have awaited them in the road not chosen, while some other try to postpone choosing some major inevitable decisions in their lives. Me? I revel and celebrate everyday for the choices I made that have led me to where I am now.

Sometimes, I also think about what I have missed to do. I could have gotten a degree. Perhaps went to law school. Or maybe I could be well way ahead of the corporate ladder. Maybe, I could have travelled across continents or I could be any of those characters that have starred in my daydreams when I was younger.

But marriage has kept me from being all or any of these. And I completely understand why people are afraid to plunge into this next level commitment. We are a new generation of empowered women who believes that our destination should not necessarily be confined into building a home. We believe that the world is ours to conquer, and that our possibilities are limitless. And so we think, why get tied down when we can be free to explore the world?

As a new breed of women, we are more aware of our rights and we are free to explore our options. We make sure that are our eyes our both wide open in every endeavor that we take into, be it a career venture or a romantic relationship. And while I’d like to think that I belong to this generation, I also believe that sometimes, one has to close her eyes and live in blind faith in order to be truly happy.

Do I sometimes wonder what could have been had I not marry at an early age? Honestly, sometimes I do. But I know that what could have been will never be as good as what is now and could never measure up to the beautiful life that the road that was chosen has brought me. Marriage is a choice – a choice I’m glad I made.

0 comments:

youtube