Wednesday, July 23, 2008

On Marriage

How does one define a good marriage? What makes a marriage a good one? I claim to be no expert, and like I always say, I don’t have a perfect marriage, not even close to being one. But is my marriage a good one?

I prefer to call it beautiful, and I love everything in it – the good, the bad, the happy moments and the sad. What I love about it is not how well we get along, but how we manage to reconcile the little and big differences we have. Sometimes, I get so mad and upset at him, but I love how the realization dawns on me that he will always be one single person I could never get tired of loving. I love how, no matter how long and how hard we argue over some things, we come up with a compromise and strike a deal between us. And I love that now matter how badly I want to scream and raise my voice at him during arguments, I’d still want to whisper sweet nothings in his ear at night.

My marriage may not exactly be a good one. But it’s a happy one. Not all marriage can be good. But what’s more beautiful about marriage is that every couple has the power to weave it into a wonderful tale of love that is uniquely beautiful as the other.

0 comments:

youtube