Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Birthday Weekend

We had lunch at the Port last Saturday to start-off the weekend celebration. Then we had a private drinking and singing session later that evening. The following day was a Sunday, and we invited my brother and his family over for a little get-together. We had grilled pork belly and grilled chicken to match the booze and hotdogs on stick for the kids. We called it a night at 11pm, and he thought the day was over. His birthday was actually on a Monday, and since we both have work on that day, we held the celebration the day before.

We were already in our room, getting ready to sleep when I told him I need to go to the bathroom. The lights were already off, and when I opened the door to our room, he was surprised to find me behind the glow of the candlelight on his birthday cake, holding the balloons on the other hand, with the whole gang behind me singing happy birthday.

We put our party hats on and ate the cake and did a great deal of picture taking. I was so happy I pulled of the surprise, with him clueless the whole time that the preparation was going on. He kept asking me "when did you buy the cake and the balloons when we were together the whole time?"...i just smiled and said..."i have my resources, you know!"

1 comments:

soreal said...

wow ka sweet ui!!! hapi bday!!

youtube