Monday, March 31, 2008

Contacts

I broke my eye glasses a few weeks back. I'm nearsighted, so I still could go about my daily task without having to put it on, but I really have problem reading signboards from afar. Whenever I work at the compputer, my face has to be four inches away from the monitor to see clearly, and that strains my back. My eyesight is really bad that I couldn't make out people's faces 3 feet away. And I can't watch a movie without the specs on, otherwise I would not enjoy it.

I wanted to get another pair of glasses to replace the old one. But to be honest, I am sssooooo tired of wearing eyeglasses. I tried wearing contact lenses before but, also it was too much of a hassle for me to be having to put it on and then remove it at the end of the day.

Last Saturday, instead of buying another pair of eyeglasses, I decided to get a pair of disposable contacts. I guess I may just have to sacrifice a little for the sake of convenience, not to mention vanity. It feels a little weird but I guess I will adjust to it given some time. And also, I need to make sure that I remove it before sleeping (i used to wear it even when asleep because i was too lazy) because that's part of the deal. Aldrich initially didn't want me to wear contacts because he knows I'm too lazy to remove it, but I promised him that I will be diligent and consistent in removing it, so he agreed to buy me one.

The world is a little clearer now and more detailed. And I think I look prettier and younger without the specs perched atop my nose. I was feeling great but tired the Saturday afternoon when we went home, that I immediately fell asleep, still with my newly worn contacts on. Oooopppppssss....

0 comments:

youtube